Facial rejuvenation without surgery
Clínica Sanza’s non-surgical facial rejuvenation treatment in Barcelona consists of improving the quality of the skin as well as facial flaccidity and wrinkles.
Rejuvenation includes prevention and good healthy habits, as well as the treatment of small wrinkles, spots, flaccidity, that is, those stigmata of premature aging that bother us and we wish to correct or improve.
Sometimes we can use aesthetic medicine but other times we can use aesthetic surgery.
With aesthetic medicine we will use the following treatments:
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Dermo abrasion
- Tensile threads
. . . and some other treatments.
Aesthetic medicine treatments allow us to improve small imperfections but never to achieve major changes in very aged faces.
All the aforementioned treatments should be applied progressively and continuously, i.e., they require continuous monitoring to maintain and improve.
If a patient has perseverance, he/she can achieve great results (similar to taking care of him/herself in a gym), that is to say, little by little the results are noticeable.
For the most demanding patients or those who want a more evident change and without having to be treated little by little, what we are going to offer is the facelift or mini facelift or weekend lift.
Surgical treatments are more durable and more evident.
At Clínica Sanza we understand that: The combination of aesthetic medicine and cosmetic surgery is the best choice.
People who wish to improve their physical appearance and/or rejuvenate it.
Aesthetic medicine is applied in consultation, whether injectables, strong creams or appliances. It requires several sessions to gradually improve and obtain good results.
Cosmetic surgery is a surgical procedure performed under local anesthesia and sedation on an outpatient basis, and allows repositioning of facial muscles and sagging skin.
At Clínica Sanza we recommend the Weekend lift, that is, a combination of surgery and medical-aesthetic treatment to avoid unnecessary aggressions and achieve the best results of elegance and naturalness.
DURATION OF THE INTERVENTION
- Medical-aesthetic treatments can last from 10 minutes to a maximum of 1 hour.
- Weekend lift and facelifts require 2 to 4 hours in the operating room.
- Evaluation of the area to be treated
- Follow specific guidelines determined by the doctor and medical team.
- Preoperative tests, if deemed necessary, to ensure health status and avoid complications.
- Local in medical-aesthetic treatments
- Local and sedation for facelift and weekend lift.
- Medical-aesthetic facial rejuvenation treatments do not require hospitalization.
- In medical-aesthetic treatments 1 to 3 days depending on the equipment and intensity applied.
- Face lifts require 1 to 2 weeks depending on the technique applied.
- Face surgery requires a more exhaustive postoperative follow-up than aesthetic medicine. Postoperative controls and medications for 1 to 2 weeks.
- With aesthetic medicine we will see them after 15 to 30 days, but if they continue to be applied, the improvement will be seen after 2, 3 or 4 months.
- We recommend 2 to 4 sessions for most treatments, due to the cumulative effect.
- With cosmetic surgery, facelift, we will see the immediate result although it will require 1 to 2 weeks to reduce swelling and possible bruises.
- In both cases you will see an improved and rejuvenated appearance.
- Improved self-esteem and security.
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
- Aesthetic medicine treatments are low
- Face lifts are medium
LEVEL OF RISK
- They are very low if the patient is well informed and follows the physician’s advice and controls.
- Even so, there may be bleeding, infection, impaired healing, or delay in obtaining the desired result (rarely).
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate to contact us.
Sanza Clinic in Barcelona, quality of service
Frequently asked questions about thread tightening
What are tensor threads?
The thread lift technique is a facial rejuvenation procedure used to lift the eyebrows by eliminating wrinkles in the crow’s feet, lift the cheekbones by reducing the nasolabial folds (of the mouth), and recover the neck line that is lost with the passage of time. An increasing number of men and women are enjoying the benefits of this type of surgery, which has become the ideal option due to its natural results and low disability.
Why use tensor threads?
The thread suspension technique responds to the need for minimally invasive facial rejuvenation procedures using small incisions. Through this procedure we at Clinica Sanza reposition tissues that due to gravity, weight loss, the natural passage of time, diseases or the use of certain medications have been weakened and need to be reconditioned to the structure of the face.
Who is a candidate for thread tightening?
Facial suspension is recommended for patients with mild flaccidity. This procedure is basically indicated to lift the forehead area, eyebrows, improve the nasolabial folds and slightly enhance the cheeks and neck. It is also indicated for people with medical conditions who cannot undergo surgery because of their own condition and who see this as a minimally invasive option. Likewise, this is a very useful procedure for those who have suffered, for example, ptosis or drooping of the eyelid as a result of facial paralysis.
Does the thread lift facial suspension technique replace facial rejuvenation surgery?
No. The facial suspension technique with tensor threads provides support to the superficial tissue, while the modifications in facial rejuvenation surgery or rhytidoplasty are performed on the deep structure of the face. Rhytidoplasty has longer lasting effects as it is a repair that involves tissue release, fat modification, resection and rearrangement of excess skin.
Main benefits of thread lift?
Procedure that suspends slightly sagging tissues, leaves no scars, is performed under local anesthesia and costs less.
How are the yarns placed?
They are high-strength biocompatible polypropylene threads, which have a surface that helps them to anchor in the tissues and thus be able to lift and tighten them. Many are resorbable, i.e. the body eliminates them but the result is preserved thanks to the retraction caused in the tissue itself.
What type of anesthesia is used?
One of the benefits of facial suspension is that it uses local anesthesia. When other techniques are additionally performed, other types of sedation may be considered.
What is the postoperative period like? Does it hurt a lot?
This technique is minimally disabling and minimally painful. A small bandage will be worn for 24 hours, and when removed there may be slight swelling and sometimes presence of small bruises, the incorporation to normal activities on average is the 4th day. It is possible that some differences may be observed while the tissues adapt to the new position, which is completely normal and will resolve after a few days.
How is this procedure performed?
To place the tensor threads in Clinica Sanza we demarcate the area to be treated, place the local anesthesia and immediately introduce a small cannula in certain points related to the areas to be lifted, where it fixes the support threads. The threads are placed under the skin, and because they have a serrated traction surface in the form of microscopic anchors, there is an immediate lifting effect.
How long does the procedure take and what anesthesia is used?
The procedure itself can last from 30 minutes to one hour, is performed on an outpatient basis and after the procedure the patient can return home.