The cutaneous exfoliation or “peeling” is a topical therapeutic technique destined to modify the cutaneous surface to obtain a regeneration of skin layers. It is indicated in the treatment of acne and its sequels, photoaging, spots, flaccidity of the skin and wrinkles.
The peeling produces an increase in the thickness of the basal layer accelerating cell turnover. In addition to eliminating dead cells, it activates circulation and favours the penetration of treatments that are subsequently applied, improving the general appearance of the skin.
Depending on the depth of action on the layers of the skin, peels can be divided into superficial, medium or deep. Deep peels add a lifting or tightening effect to the skin. However, they require a longer recovery time.
Sanza Clinic in Barcelona, Spain, is a reference centre in the treatment of peeling.
In general, women and men who wish to improve skin quality, remove acne, blemishes, wrinkles or flaccidity.
Prior to cleaning the area to be treated, 1 or more coats of a liquid solution are applied that will produce the exfoliation of the skin. The depth reached in the peeling is determined by different factors such as the type of solution used, its pH, concentration, volume and frequency of applications. Afterwards, a cream can be applied that must be maintained for 8-12 hours. The following days it is necessary to keep the skin well hydrated with moisturizing creams and protect it from the sun or use a protective factor to avoid complications.
Normal effects during application:
- Itching and burning sensation.
- Whitening of the skin.
DURATION OF THE INTERVENTION
- 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Evaluation of the area to determine treatment.
- Prescription of depigmenting creams if necessary.
- No blood tests or other tests are necessary.
- Control photograph of the area to be treated.
- Topical or local cold.
After performing a peel it is important:
- Do not sunbathe.
- Use sun protection.
- Use sunscreen and moisturizing creams.
- Do not use topical dermatological medications.
- The results obtained can be improved by taking collagen in capsules, vitamin C.
In the case of peeling for skin spots, it is recommended that the use of depigmentation products or cell regenerators can imrpove the treatment.
It will depend on the strenght of the peeling applied, in the most superficial treatments a fine peeling of the skin can be given after 3-7 days aprox. In the stronger peelings, scabs can appear and then fall between 15-20 days and new skin appearing.
RESULTS / OUTCOME
- Elimination of skin spots.
- Elimination of fine or thick wrinkles.
- Improvement or removal of acne scars or skin imperfections.
- Rejuvenated and smooth skin finish.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
- Very simple intervention made in the consultation.
LEVEL OF RISK
- Risk of pigmentation or skin spot from sun exposure in the days after treatment
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service