Tattoo removal with laser
You can now erase annoying tattoos of any colour from your skin.
Clinica Sanza is a center of plastic, aesthetic and reconstructive surgery of reference in Barcelona, Spain, which is now betting on this new laser tattoo removal treatment, with the most complete current technological platform and with the experience of a recognized professional in this field.
Today, 21% of the population has made at least one tattoo. Although it may seem strange, about 70% of people tattooed are women. What at a given moment in life, we find attractive and a decorative element following the latest fashion, over time our views on how we see our body changes, usually due to social reasons or because of skin aging.
For this reason, the elimination of tattoos through laser is increasingly important in the specialty of Dermatology, because there are also more and more patients who want to remove a previously made tattoo from their skin, either for work or personal reasons, or because the tattoos have been carried out with an unfortunate aesthetic result.
Every patient that has a tattoo and wants to eliminate it, independently on the reasons to do it.
PROCEDURE: How to eliminate a tattoo with laser?
The procedure consists in using the Q-Switched laser over the area to be treated, having previously applied local and/or topical anaesthesia.
We use a Q-Switched laser with high energy that combines wavelengths of 1064nm and 532nm, that eliminate almost all of the pigments (ink colors).
The laser breaks the pigments’ particles and converts them into other smaller ones that can be reabsorbed later eliminated by your own body.
From 4 to 6 weeks after the body eliminates the pigments microparticles. It is important not to let go by more than 8 weeks between sessions as there are studies that prove that the process of tattoo elimination slows down.
What should I do before each laser session?
- Avoid the sun, no UVA rays 10 days before the treatment.
- Use total sun block protection.
- Do not take any photosensitive medication: anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen,e tc.), antibiotics, stomach protectors (omeprazole), etc.
What should I do after each laser session?
- The tattoo must be covered up during one week, applying an antibiotic cream day and night.
- After the first session you can uncover the tattoo and continue with a regenerative cream until the scarring completed.
- Use total sun block protection until one month after the treatment.
- Do not rub or scratch the area.
- Apply cold in the treated area to reduce the redness and discomfort.
- Use a neutral soap to clean the treated area, no rubbing or use sponges.
- Avoid baths, hot showers, saunas and hot places a few days after the treatment.
VIDEO: HOW TO ELIMINATE A TATTOO OF THE SKIN WITH LASER (audio in spanish)
15 to 30 minutes depending on the extent of the tattoo.
How many laser sessions are needed to eliminate a tatoo?
It depends on different factors: color of the tattoo, the area it is on, depth of the skin and when it was done. The average number is from 8 to 10 sessions.
Depending on the color of the tattoo
- Tatoos that are black or dark blue are the ones that are erased BEFORE and therefore fewer sessions are needed for their elimination. Yes, opposite of what you thought!! The difficulty with these colors is in its high density.
- Tattoos that are red work well with the laser, although more sessions are needed than with black tattoos.
- Tattoos that are light blue, green, yellow or mixed colors: the absorption peak of these colors and their composition are variable and are fundamentally conditioned by the quantity of titanium oxide and zinc, which are the most difficult pigments to eliminate.
How and who has done the tattoo
- A professional tattoo needs more sessions due to the big persistence of the pigments used and its denseness and profoundness. You might need between 8 and 15 sessions.
- A tattoo done by an amateur is done with ink that is unstable, so the quantity of pigment is less and is more superficial. An average of 8 sessions are needed for their elimination, although sometimes they are so deep that the same number of sessions are needed as for a professional tattoo.
On fair skin it is where the laser responds best and where you can see the better results with fewer sessions, in darker skins more sessions will be needed to eliminate tattoos.
Area where the tattoo is
The areas where the skin is thinner the number of sessions are fewer (head, neck, female cleavage, wrist).
In areas like legs, arms and back the ink is deeper and the skin is thicker, so a smaller number of sessions are needed.
How often can I have a session?
After each session it is necessary to wait in order for the skin to regenerate. It is normal to wait 1 month from session to session.
CAREFUL! Do not let more than 2 months go by between sessions or later it will be more difficult to eliminate. It has been proven.
ADVANTAGES OF OUR LASER FOR TATTOO REMOVAL
The treatment is fast and with almost no pain.
Rest is not required.
Improvement is visible almost immediately.
It is appropiate for any skin type.
- The technology of the heads allows us to control the depth of any part of the body.
Being in the hands of a qualified profession is essential when wanting to remove a tattoo if you want to get good results and not be disappointed. Our advice at Clínica Sanza is very simple: avoid tattoo studies or beauty salons without a medical supervision of a dermatologist.
How much does it cost to remove a tatoo?
Price for eliminating a tattoo is not exact for everyone. As we just explained it depends on the size of the tattoo, how long you have had it for, the skin type, area it is in and the color of the ink, as all pigments are different to remove.
These factors can vary the number of sessions needed to remove a tattoo. Anyway, something that does not change is the price per session, which you can see below.
Careful!! if you go to a center that uses an old laser or a bad quality one, the price per session will be cheaper, but…
How many sessions will be needed? Be careful not to get your fingers caught.
We have a new laser, brand new, made in November 2021. It has been designed exclusively to remove any colored tattoos. With this technology the number of sessions is less than with other machines, which means saving money and more important time. Bear in mind between sessions 1 month has to go by, time enough for the skin to regenerate.
PRICE PER SESSION
- Small tattoo = 80 €
- Medium tattoo = 130 €
- Big tattoo = 200 €
Before/after 1st session
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service