Biceps prosthesis surgery
English subtitled video
The biceps prosthesis surgery at Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, consists of placing implants in the arm zone, with a material that does not cause immunological reaction and it integrates with the tissues in a natural way.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
People that want to increase biceps volume and don’t achieve it with sport.
People suffering a malformation or an accident on the arm, and consequently, have not developed the biceps (uni or bilateral).
Prosthesis require a precise technique and a correct prior evaluation of each case, to be able to adapt the final result to the patient wishes, evaluating the volume, the projection, physical shape and skin quality, and other factors. From this primary evaluation, the prothesis volume will be defined in regards of the patient’s wishes.
Bicep implants are elongated and with an oval shape (they usually measure 15 to 20 cm long and 5 to 10 cm wide). Implants are placed through the armpit and they are introduced in-between the branchial anterior muscle and the biceps. Once the implant is placed, incision is sutured and some drainages are placed and remain for 24 hours.
This procedure can be done with other kind of prosthesis like triceps, shoulders or pectorals.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- From 1 to 2 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine the adequacy of the treatment.
- Follow specific patterns determined by the doctor.
- Cardiac and respiratory analysis and other tests if required.
- Local and sedation, or General anaesthesia
- Ambulatory or 24 h hospitalization.
- Drainage and compressive bandage during 24 h.
- Special compressive band to avoid bruising and liquid collections for 2-6 days.
- Suture removal 7 days after if not reabsorbed.
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory examinations after several days, several weeks and several months, according to prescription.
- Special compressive band removal after 4 or 6 days.
- Normal activity in 24 h without making forcefull movements and also don’t weight-lift.
- Physical activity restart after a month from the surgery and in a progressive way.
- Arm aspect improved.
- Rejuvenated aspect.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
- Medium intervention.
- Intervention risks: sensitivity alterations; prosthesis displacement that precise a retouch to replace it.
- General intervention risks: hemorrhage, infection, scarring alteration.
Video of biceps prosthesis surgery
If you want to see how a real biceps prosthesis surgery is performed, this is the video for you. It has been filmed in fast motion because the real operation lasts more than 1 hour. It is a complete filming, it shows from when the anaesthesia is administered, through the cuts with the scalpel, placement of the biceps prostheses, until the patient is sutured and bandaged.
WARNING: This is a video of a real operation, we warn that it may cause an impression and hurt the sensitivity of some people.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service