Shoulder prosthesis surgery
English subtitled video
The shoulder prosthesis surgery at Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, consists in placing implants in the shoulder zone, which material does not cause an immunological reaction and it integrates with the tissues in a natural way.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
People that wish to increase the shape of their shoulders and do not achieve that with exercise and sport.
Malformations or accidents that cause an atrophy or short development form one or two shoulders.
Shoulder prosthesis require an accurate technique and a previous correct evaluation for each case, to achieve the final result that the patient desires, evaluating the volume, physical constitution, skin quality and other factors. From this primary evaluation, the prothesis volume will be determined and best adapted to the patient wishes.
An implant is placed under the deltoids or in each shoulder to highlight the anterior, lateral and posterior muscules of each shoulder.
The surgical procedure can vary depending where the implant will be introduced and it’s anatomical position. Once it is placed, the incision will be sutured and some drainage will be placed, that will remain for 24 hours.
Clínica Sanza, normally places the implant through the axilla and under the deltoids muscle.
This intervention can be made with other kind of prosthesis like triceps, biceps or pectorals.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- From 2 to 3 hours, depending on the kind of prothesis
- Evaluation of the area to determine the adequacy of the treatment.
- Follow specific patterns determined by the doctor.
- Cardiac and respiratory analysis and test of it shape.
- Local and sedation, or AG.
- Ambulatory or 24 h hospitalization.
- Drainage and compressive bandage for 24 h-48 h.
- Special compressive band to prevent and liquid collections from 2 to 3 weeks.
- Suture removal if it is rejected however, this is unusual.
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory examinations after several days, several weeks and several months, according to prescription.
- Special compressive band removal, 10 – 15 days from surgery.
- Normal activity at 24h without doing compulsory movements and also don’t lift weight.
- Restart to make physical exercise a month after surgery and in a progressive way.
- More defined and masculine aspect.
- Rejuvenated aspect.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
- Mid-complex intervention.
- Own intervention risks: prosthesis displacement or intolerance that precise a retouch to improve them.
- General intervention risks: hemorrhage, infection, scarring alteration.
Video of biceps prosthesis surgery
If you want to see how a real biceps prosthesis surgery is performed, this is the video for you. It has been filmed in fast motion because the real operation lasts more than 1 hour. It is a complete filming, it shows from when the anaesthesia is administered, through the cuts with the scalpel, placement of the biceps prostheses, until the patient is sutured and bandaged.
WARNING: This is a video of a real operation, we warn that it may cause an impression and hurt the sensitivity of some people.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service