Breast augmentation surgery with fat grafting| Breast lipofilling
English subtitled video
There are several ways to increase the size of the breasts, and at Clínica Sanza Barcelona we give you this possibility that we are increasingly being asked for, it is called “breast lipofilling“. It is an alternative to breast prostheses.
It consists of performing a small liposuction of an area where the patient has excess fat (normally the abdominal area or legs), we process it to purify it and then it is infiltrated into the breasts.
This technique has certain limits in terms of the size of the breasts we can increase and the shape we can give them.
More details are explained below.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
WE ORGANIZE EVERYTHING FOR YOU
Your trip, your flight, your operation, your transfer and your hotel with our support agency. We work with the best travel agencies worldwide.
Women that have small breasts and have enough fat to be removed in other parts of the body. This improves the body silhouette and increases breast size.
Patients that are transgender and also looking to achieve the same results.
- Also indicated to correct breast asymmetry
- To correct the “reepling” that can happen when using implants. These are wrinkles that occur on the neckline or the lateral side in patients that are very thin and have breast prothesis.
- For reconstructive purposes, as when a patient has had a mastectomy due to cancer.
- Not recommended for patients with a genetic family line of cancer or risk of developing cancer.
We have to evaluate the patient, determine which size is wanted and if there is an area with enough fat to be removed. After this, if the person is suitable for the procedure, the surgery will take place in the hospital, with no scaring as it is done with small liposuction cannulas.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- From 3 to 4 hours
- Evaluate the patient
- Follow the Doctor’s specific indications
- Preoperative tests: Blood test, electrocardiogram, chest x-ray and a mammography or breast scan.
- Local and sedation, or general if the patient prefers
- Ambulatory or 24hour hospitalization
- Take prescribed medication
- No lymphatic massages required
- No need for a compressive chest corset. However, there will be a need for one on the area where the liposuction has been realized
- Wear a bra without being too tight. The fatty tissue is made of live cells and there is no need to massage them into the tissue
- It is essential to not touch the area at least within the first 15 days as with any graft, the skin, muscle, cartilage, bone, etc…can have a risk of reabsorption
- Obligatory postoperative revisions to control progress, avoiding any complication
- 2 to 3 days of rest due to the liposuction
- Avoid any impact and great efforts on the breasts during 15 days
- Sleep upwards or on one side 15 or 10 days
- Use a bra that is not too tight, or no use at all
- No sport should be practiced until 20-30 days have passed
RESULTS / OUTCOME
- Breast augmentation as desired and an improvement of body silhouette as there is also elimination of fatty tissue from other parts of the body
- Natural consistency and appearance
- Improvement of the psychological profile and self-esteem
- Half difficulty
LEVEL OF RISK
- Low, if a correct postoperative has been followed
- Intervention risks: possible partial fat reabsorption, therefore, not achieving the breast size desired
- Intervention risks: bleeding, bruising, infection. Very rare
Do you want to know what breast scars look like?
We have a very informative article that talks in detail and shows graphics of what breast operation scars look like, where the scar is made, and much more.
If you are interested click on this button:
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service