Mammary reconstruction surgery
English subtitled video
Mammary reconstruction surgery performed in Clínica Sanza Barcelona is a surgical procedure that repairs unilaterally or bilaterally the stigmas generated by congenital or acquired problems, accident related problems and diseases of different nature, especially oncological.
In many cases, reconstruction needs to be done in mastectomized patients from one or both breasts. In any case, the main objective of the Breast Unit Clinica Sanza, is to make the most natural repair,in the least aggressive and fastest manner. With this, we seek to preserve or restore the harmony, aesthetics and symmetry of the breasts.
The reconstruction can be carried out immediately, medium or long term, according to each particular case.Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, is a reference center for mammary reconstruction surgery.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
Women who have deformation or malformation of one or both breasts due to genetic or traumatic causes such as tumors, accidents or burns.
It is complex and variable according to the desire of the patient and the degree of unilateral or bilateral injury, the added radiotherapy, etc.
There are different techniques that we will only mention since each case requires a specific treatment:
- expander placement
- prosthesis placement
- wide dorsal flaps
- distanced abdomen flaps, TRAM
- flaps on island or microsurgery, DIEP
Each technique used will always be accompanied by an elevation, increase or decrease of the contralateral breast.
It may require two surgical times. In the second stage, the nipple-areola complex is reconstructed with micropigmentation, nipple flaps or areola grafts.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- From 1 to 3 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine if the treatment is suitable.
- Following the correct guidelines that are set by the doctor.
- Blood tests and general testing (cardiac and respiratory diagnostics).
- Ultrasound scan and/or a mammography.
- Local and sedation, or general anesthesia.
- From 24 to 48 h hospitalization.
- Medication if required.
- Drainage and compression bandage from 24 to 48 h.
- Special plasters for 4 or 5 days that contour the new submammary groove.
- Once drainage and bandages are removed, a special bra is required.
- Mandatory revisions after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- From 4 to 5 days.
- Avoid picking up weights and making abrupt movements from 10 to 20 days.
- Use of sports bra, comfortable and loose clothing the first few days.
- Do not play sports or activities that require effort for at least a month.
RESULTS / OUTCOME
- Very rewarding.
- It needs several steps in order to recover sensitivity.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
- Medium-high intervention.
LEVEL OF RISK
- Low-medium according to size or breasts droopy.
- Common risks the intervention could have: bad healing, would entail scarring retouch.
- Risks of all interventions: hemorrhage, infection, scarring alteration.
Do you want to know what breast scars look like?
We have a very informative article that talks in detail and shows graphics of what breast operation scars look like, where the scar is made, and much more.
If you are interested click on this button:
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service