Also called buccal fat pad, are anatomical structures that have a great relevance for the cheekbone contour.
Bichat pads are the largest proportion of cheek volume in children. With time and growth of the rest of facial structures, these decrease in size. However, in some cases, the volume does not reduce and provides a rounded facial contour.
By eliminating the Bichat fat pads there is a considerable change in the facial symmetry, reducing the cheeks and providing a better cheek bone and mandibular definition.
Many actors and actresses have undergone this procedure.
Men and women with a rounded face which would like to have an improved facial silhouette and clearer features.
Local anaesthesia is applied on the area previously examined and undergone the asepsis protocol similar to a visit at the Dentist.
Through a small buccal incision, the fat pad is located and extracted.
It’s a simple procedure, fast and minimally invasive, thus, there is no pain or great inconvenience for the patient.
There is no need hospitalization or post treatment recovery days.
- Between 30-45 minutes
- Evaluation of the area to be treated
- Basic blood test
- Photographic control
- Local anaesthesia is placed in the internal mucous membrane of the cheek
- No need for hospitalization
- Compression with a bandage during 12-24h posterior to the procedure
- Cold compression of the area to avoid inflammation
- Avoid hard food or wide mandibular movements
- Oral mouth washes
- Take prescribe medication: antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medication
- Assist the postoperative revisions
- There will probably be an inflammation period which will reduce within 5 to 7 days
- Reduction of cheek volume. Bone, cheek and chin structure improved definition. A facial contour which is slender and more elegant
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
- Fast and simple intervention
LEVEL OF RISK
>> Consult the 15 most frequently asked questions (FAQS) about surgery that our clients usually ask us
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate to consult with us
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service