Chin and jaw enlargement surgery with prosthesis
English subtitled video
The chin and jaw enlargement surgery with prosthesis treatment at Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, consists of placing a prosthesis in the mandibular area. The material does not cause immunological reaction and integrates into the tissues naturally. This way, the projection of the chin, mandibular angles and/or the entire mandibular area is increased as required.
Once in place, the result is permanent, it is never lost and the profile of the face is defined in a very stylised way.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
WE ORGANIZE EVERYTHING FOR YOU
Your trip, your flight, your operation, your transfer and your hotel with our support agency. We work with the best travel agencies worldwide.
People with an unharmonious facial structure, lack of chin or atrophy of the lower facial third.
Men who wish to accentuate masculine mandibular features.
The prosthesis is molded to fit the structure of the patient and is placed in two ways: one, through a small incision below the chin, which is practically imperceptible, and the other, through the union of the lip and the Gum, inside the mouth.
Although each person has a different bone constitution, we can modify it with these prostheses that will integrate and reinforce the lower mandibular bone, so that they can obtain a greater resistance to aging and flaccidity.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- From 1 to 2 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine the adequacy of treatment.
- Follow specific guidelines as determined by the doctor.
- Blood tests and other specific testing (cardiac and respiratory status).
- Local and sedation.
- Ambulatory or 24h admission.
- Removal of stitches at 4 or 5 days if an external incision is made.
- No need to remove stitches if the intervention is proceeded from inside the mouth.
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory revisions after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- 5 to 10 days due to inflammation according to size of the prosthesis.
- Quick and painless recuperation.
- Rejuvenated and more harmonious appearance in the upper two thirds of the face.
- More masculine appearance in men, especially when you practice a lot of sport and there is a difference between the size of the face and the body.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
- Simple intervention.
- Typical risks of the intervention: possible prosthesis displacement or intolerance.
- Intervention risks: hemorrhage, infection, cicatrization alteration.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service