Chin and jaw reconstruction surgery
Chin and jaw reconstruction surgery requires a specific assessment of each person’s problem. The specialist will determine the most appropriate option for each case.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, is a reference center for chin and jaw reconstruction surgery.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
People who present a malformation due to genetic or traumatic causes such as tumors, accidents or deforming scars, severe burns …
They are usually aggressive, as they need forward-delay osteotomies to fit the anterior, posterior or lateral bite.
Sometimes bone grafts are obtained from the iliac crest, fibula, tibia or in some cases of titanium plates and screws of osteosynthesis are needed for the reconstruction.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- They are long reconstructive interventions. They can last between 6 and 8 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine if the treatment is appropriate.
- Follow specific guidelines as determined by the doctor.
- Blood test and other tests (cardiac and respiratory status).
- Several days of admission, according to progress.
- Variable according to the size of the wound.
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory revisions after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- From 1 to 5 days.
- Very variable recovery; With bone fractures, between 1 and 2 weeks to be able to chew well.
- Excellent functionality.
- You can chew and bite.
- From an aesthetical point of view, retouches are normally required to improve end result.
- Improvement of psychological profile and self-esteem.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
LEVEL OF RISK
- Risks of this intervention: rejection of grafts or titanium plates.
- Risks of all interventions: haemorrhage, infection, impaired healing.
>> Consult the 15 most frequently asked questions (FAQS) about surgery that our clients usually ask us
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service