What is the difference between laser and pulsed light (IPL)
DO NOT LET THEM FOOL YOU!!
- IPL or pulsed light is the same equipment
- Laser is another equipment
Most laser centers actually use IPL and not laser. Why is that?
- A laser device costs from 50.000 to 100.000€. Not everyone can buy it.
- A pulsed light or IPL costs from 10.000 to 30.000€. Most centers have this as if it were laser.
- Laser technique has more power and it has more varied treatments than IPL.
- With IPL you need more sessions to get a good result.
- Costs of an IPL are more affordable but you need more sessions so at the end of the day it is cheaper unlike with laser which is more expensive, you need less sessions but they are more expensive.
- Laser has only one wavelength which is different for each treatment and issues cold air and not gel.
- Photo depilation or IPL needs a conductive gel of light beams in order to reach to all body hair.
For those interested in more differences between laser and IPL
- Laser is a device that generates an electromagnetic light in one color. The light particles move at the same wavelength making the treatment more precise. By concentrating the light on one point the intensity can be stronger.
- Pulsed light (IPL) is a device that generates a polychromatic light, meaning different colors. The light particles move in different directions making the treatment good but not as precise. We CANNOT obtain such effective treatments as with a laser device.