Otoplasty, large ears surgery
English subtitled video
Plastic surgery to repair large ears is an operation that consists of shaping the cartilage of the ears and the excess skin until the desired appearance and size is achieved. It is a fairly simple and quick operation, it is not very complicated, and the risk is very low.
Very often children come to us, accompanied by their parents, because they are unhappy with their physical appearance and want to find a solution as soon as possible, as the change in the physiognomy of the face is quite large. It is an intervention whose result is very satisfactory for the patient.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona is a reference centre for otoplasty surgery.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
People with low self-esteem due to large ears.
Especially recommended at an early age, when the child has self-esteem issues or requests the intervention.
It is a congenital malformation that, while not affecting the function of the ear, it is an aesthetic problem that may have social stigmas, as it negatively affects the patient’s self-image, especially in children.
The prominent ears may have different shapes and degrees of distortion that begin to manifest at 6 or 7 years of age, when other bodily features are not yet developed such as the nose, jaw, cranial size, etc.
That is why we advise to intervene at an early age, when the child has complexes or requests it.
We performe the operation with an incision in the back of the ear, through which the cartilage is molded until the desired aesthetic appearance, both at the level of the curvature (ears in handle), and of projection (prominent ears).
The remaining scar is a very thin line perfectly camouflaged in the retroauricular fold and is virtually invisible, even if the hair is short or the hair is collected.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- From 1 to 2 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine the appropriateness of the treatment.
- Follow specific guidelines determined by the doctor.
- Blood, cardiac and respiratory status if needed.
- Local or sedation on children.
- Bandage covering both heads.
- Removing the bandage at 24 hours.
- Stich removal between 7 and 10 days.
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory revisions after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- Once the bandage is removed, normal life except physical exercise.
- At 3 weeks, you can already practice physical exercise.
- Avoid direct exposure of the wound to the sun during this time.
- Very natural and satisfactory.
- Psychological improvement (better self-esteem).
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
- Simple intervention.
LEVEL OF RISK
- Risks of this intervention: possible recurrence that needs a retouch if the detaches a little.
- Risks of interventions: haemorrhage, infection, impaired healing.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service