Otoplasty, ear malformation surgery
English subtitled video
Ear reconstruction plastic surgery consists of an operation whose objective is to solve different problems of ear malformation caused by congenital reasons, accident, lack of development or abnormal growth. Very often children come to us accompanied by their parents, who detect this type of malformation and want to find a solution as soon as possible.
This is a type of cosmetic surgery that Clínica Sanza performs in Barcelona.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
WE ORGANIZE EVERYTHING FOR YOU
Your trip, your flight, your operation, your transfer and your hotel with our support agency. We work with the best travel agencies worldwide.
People with deformities in the auricular pavilion.
Generally, young people with big ears affecting the face physiognomy and that usually cover them with hair to avoid mockery, which also affects their self-esteem.
In all the auricular deformity cases, either in one ear or in both, the treatment to provide symmetry and natural-looking ears varies greatly depending on the degree of deformity.
These issues must be evaluated correctly as each case is different and may need for a reconstruction in one, two or sometimes three surgical times, depending on the difficulty or severity.
Correcting an ear fold is not the same as a total ear reapair. Which can be a total lack of ear (anotia), partial lack (microtia) or no lobes . In these cases we have to provide skin, cartilage and other tissues to create a new ear which has to be the same as the contralateral ear. Also, there are cases where we have to create two ears from scratch.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- From 1 to 2 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine the appropriateness of the treatment.
- Follow specific guidelines determined by the doctor.
- Blood, cardiac and respiratory tests.
- Local and sedation.
- Removal of the bandage between 24 h and 48 h.
- Stich removal at 10 days.
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory revisions after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- 1 day in case of long hair.
- Wear a cap to conceal possible bruising and swelling.
- Although the intervention may be complex, recovery is usually quick.
- Avoid impact on the area.
- Symmetrical ears.
- Appearance rejuvenated and in accordance to facial features.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
- Simple – medium intervention.
LEVEL OF RISK
- Low – medium.
- Risks of this intervention: possible relapse.
- Risks of interventions: haemorrhage, infection and scar alteration.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service