The plastic surgery of ear malformation consists of an operation whose objective is to solve different problems of ear malformation caused by congenital reasons, accident, lack of development or abnormal growth. Very often minors come to us accompanied by their parents, who detect this type of malformation and want to find a solution as soon as possible.
It is a type of cosmetic surgery that Clínica Sanza performs in Barcelona.
WHERE DO WE PERFORM THE OPERATIONS?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and sanitary personnel, as well as its technology endorse it.
People with deformities in the pinna.
Generally, young people with large or protruding ears that disfigure their facial physiognomy and often cover them with their hair as a reason for ridicule, which also affects their self-esteem.
In all cases of pinna deformities, whether in one ear or both, treatment to achieve symmetry and natural looking ears varies greatly depending on the degree of deformity.
The involvement must be assessed in order to consider reconstruction in one, two or sometimes three surgical stages, depending on the difficulty or severity.
The correction of a badly formed fold is not the same as the correction of a total lack of ear (anotia), partial lack (microtia) or lack of lobes, cases in which we have to provide skin, cartilage and other tissues to create a new ear as similar as possible to the contralateral one if it only affects one ear or to make two ears from scratch.
DURATION OF THE INTERVENTION
- 1 to 2 hours
- Evaluation of the area to determine the adequacy of the treatment.
- Follow specific guidelines determined by the doctor
- CBC and tests on cardiac and respiratory status
- Local and sedation
- Bandage removal within 24 h to 48 h
- Withdrawal of points after 10 days
- Medication if required
- Mandatory check-ups after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription
- 1 day in case of long hair
- Cap to hide possible bruises and inflammation
- Although the procedure can be complex, recovery is usually rapid.
- Watch not to receive blows in the area
- Symmetrical ears
- Rejuvenated appearance in accordance with facial features
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
- Simple-medium intervention
LEVEL OF RISK
- Risks inherent in the procedure: possible recurrence
- Risks of any operation: bleeding, infection, impaired healing