Blepharoplasty surgery, removing excess skin on the eyelids
Removing excess skin on the eyelids treatment of Clínica Sanza Barcelona is a surgery that allows the periocular tissues to be remodelled. In this section we will talk about the reduction of excess skin on the upper and lower eyelids, or both.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, is a center of reference of blepharoplasty surgery, skin excess.
People who due to genetic or environmental reasons (tiredness, lack of sleep, stress, excessive sun…) have an excess of skin on the eyelids which can create an aged look.
Video explaining lower eyelid surgery (audio in spanish)
Video explaining upper eyelid surgery (audio in spanish)
Blepharocalasia surgery is the scientific name for this pathology, which is manifested by the surplus of skin that it is formed in the eyelids either in the upper, lower or both.
Blepharoplasty is one of the most common surgeries for the eye rejuvenation and it can be joined with eyebag removal or other things that the patient wants to improve.
The upper eyelid skin is trimmed through the palpebral groove (physiological wrinkle between eyebrows and eyelashes).
The skin of the lower eyelid is stretched as a lifting by extracting little amount to avoid the lagophthalmos effect or a drooping eye, a stigma which has unfortunately very common and it is still seen when the operation is not performed by expert hands as very good results can be obtained by extracting leftover skin from the lower eyelid.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- 1 hour.
- Evaluation of the area to determine if the treatment is suitable.
- Following the correct guidelines that are set by the doctor.
- Analytics and general testing (cardiac and respiratory diagnostics).
- Local or sedation.
- Some bruises may appear.
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory revisions after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- Immediate normal life.
- Use of sunglasses or base makeup to conceal possible bruises, so we advise to stay two weeks without social commitments.
RESULTS / OUTCOME
- Appeareance of tired eyes corrected.
- Redefining the natural path of the eyes.
- Rejuvenated appearance.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
- Simple intervention in the upper, and medium intervention in the lower. Eliminating the lower eyelid skin has to be done with caution or with lots of experience to prevent the dorppy eye (lagophthalmos).
LEVEL OF RISK
- Common risks the intervention could have: lagophthalmos or fallen eye.
- Risks of all interventions: hemorrhage, infection, scarring alteration.
BEFORE/AFTER PHOTOSYou can click on a photo to enlarge it.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service