Blepharoplasty surgery, removing excess skin on the eyelids
English subtitled video
This operation removes the excess skin on the eyelids that over the years, due to stress, tiredness, lack of sleep or other factors end up ageing the eyes. The result of this simple operation is very good, our patients are pleasantly satisfied with the great change it represents and because they regain a more youthful appearance.
In this section we will talk about the reduction of excess skin in the upper or lower eyelids, or both.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona is a leading centre for blepharoplasty surgery, excess skin.
Video explaining lower eyelid surgery (English subtitled audio)
Video explaining upper eyelid surgery (English subtitled audio)
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
WE ORGANIZE EVERYTHING FOR YOU
Your trip, your flight, your operation, your transfer and your hotel with our support agency. We work with the best travel agencies worldwide.
People who due to genetic or environmental reasons (tiredness, lack of sleep, stress, excessive sun…) have an excess of skin on the eyelids which can create an aged look.
Blepharocalasia surgery is the scientific name for this pathology, which is manifested by the surplus of skin that it is formed in the eyelids either in the upper, lower or both.
Blepharoplasty is one of the most common surgeries for the eye rejuvenation and it can be joined with eyebag removal or other things that the patient wants to improve.
The upper eyelid skin is trimmed through the palpebral groove (physiological wrinkle between eyebrows and eyelashes).
The skin of the lower eyelid is stretched as a lifting by extracting little amount to avoid the lagophthalmos effect or a drooping eye, a stigma which has unfortunately very common and it is still seen when the operation is not performed by expert hands as very good results can be obtained by extracting leftover skin from the lower eyelid.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- 1 hour.
- Evaluation of the area to determine if the treatment is suitable.
- Following the correct guidelines that are set by the doctor.
- Analytics and general testing (cardiac and respiratory diagnostics).
- Local or sedation.
- Some bruises may appear.
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory revisions after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- Immediate normal life.
- Use of sunglasses or base makeup to conceal possible bruises, so we advise to stay two weeks without social commitments.
RESULTS / OUTCOME
- Appeareance of tired eyes corrected.
- Redefining the natural path of the eyes.
- Rejuvenated appearance.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
- Simple intervention in the upper, and medium intervention in the lower. Eliminating the lower eyelid skin has to be done with caution or with lots of experience to prevent the dorppy eye (lagophthalmos).
LEVEL OF RISK
- Common risks the intervention could have: lagophthalmos or fallen eye.
- Risks of all interventions: hemorrhage, infection, scarring alteration.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service