Blepharoplasty, eye bags surgery
English subtitled video
Eye bags surgery is an intervention that allows reshaping the periocular tissues. In this section we will talk about the reduction of the excess skin from the eyelids, the eye bags, or both.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, is a center of reference in the treatment of blepharoplasty (eyelids and eyebags surgery).
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
People who want to correct the tiredness of their eyes.
People who suffer from early tiredness or due to genetic reasons, eye-bags can appear at the ages of 18 and 20. However, they usually appear from the age of 40.
Video explaining lower eyelid surgery (English subtitled audio)
Video explaining upper eyelid surgery (English subtitled audio)
The bags can be removed or reintroduced as hernias into their original compartments. The surgery can be done from inside the eyelid with no visible scar. When there is skin excess it is performed on the outside in order to dry the remaining skin without the scars being visible.
Removing or treating the eye-bags produced by fat, is very simple and provides very good results as it allows not only to rejuvenate but to improve the field of vision and look healthy, rather than a tired face.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- 1 hour.
- Evaluation of the area to determine if the treatment is suitable.
- Following the correct guidelines that are set by the doctor.
- Analytics and general testing (cardiac and respiratory diagnostics).
- Local and mild sedation if desired.
- 24 hours of rest and cold on the eyes.
- Bruising could appear, which can last 5 or 6 days.
- Medication if required, as it rarely hurts and there is little swelling.
- Mandatory check-ups after a few days, weeks and months, according to prescription.
- Normal life, you can start right after the intervention.
- Avoid sport during 15-20 days after the intervention.
- Use of sunglasses or base makeup to conceal possible bruises, so we advise to stay two weeks without social commitments.
RESULTS / OUTCOME
- Correction of tired eyes.
- Rejuvenated appearance.
- Very satisfactory and natural results.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
- Simple intervention.
LEVEL OF RISK
- Common risks the intervention could have: bad healing would entail scarring retouch. Sunken eyes if too much fat is taken out of the bags.
- Risks of all interventions: haemorrhage, infection, scarring alteration.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service