FUE hair transplant surgery
Clinica Sanza’s FUE hair transplant surgery in Barcelona, Spain, consists of extracting hair from the patient’s sides or nape areas, where hair rarely falls, and placed in the areas affected by alopecia.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
Usually, men who suffer from androgenic alopecia, but also in cases of scarring, alopecia scarring, …
It consists of removing the non-scarred follicles with devices of 0.7 – 0.8 mm diameter, which includes 1 to 3 hairs, this way there is no need for stitches, resulting in no scarring of the area. This technique is more laborious but also, more perfect, whenever it can be done. Once the hair from the donor area is obtained it will be transplanted or grafted into the recipient area along with the pilosebaceous follicles, in other words, the cells formed by the hair.
The recipient area can be the crown, the entrances or the whole head.
To place the grafts, we must make micro holes with special needles or mini lancets that allow introducing follicle and hair in each one of them.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- From 4 to 6 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine if the treatment is fit.
- Following the correct guidelines that are set by the doctor.
- Analytics and general testing (cardiac and respiratory diagnostics).
- Local and sedation.
- No hospitalization.
- Bandages for 1 day in the donor area (nape).
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory revisions after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- Do not use hats, caps… or any other object which oppresses the treated area during 2 or 3 days.
- Do not sweat or play sports until 15 or 20 days after the surgery.
- New hair after 3 or 4 months hormone-dependent; hair that will never fall again.
- Impossible for the baldness to reappear.
- The grafted follicles grow throughout time with the same characteristics of the donor area.
- Rejuvenated appearance.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
- Simple, although it is a long intervention.
LEVEL OF RISK
- Low risk surgery
- Common risks the intervention could have: Lots of postoperative cares in order to prevent that the grafts from falling out or that not settling in correctly.
- Risks of all surgeries: hemorrhage, infection, scarring alteration.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service