Capillary reconstruction surgery
Capillary reconstruction surgery requires a specific assessment of the problem to find the most appropriate therapeutic option for each particular case.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, is a center of reference in capillary reconstruction surgery.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
People who present a dysfunction or malformation due to genetic or traumatic causes such as tumors, accidents, scars…
Sometimes, the affected area can be very extensive and it is necessary to place a scalp expander. This involves putting a prosthesis with a valve under the healthy scalp. After a week, the serum is injected through the valve and the prosthesis is expanded, so does the scalp, until it is large enough for a second procedure, carrying out a scalp lift which will cover the alopecic area with healthy hair.
DURTION OF THE INTERVENTION
- From 1 to 3 hours (sometimes more than one surgery is required)
- Evaluation of the area to determine if the surgery is suitable.
- Following the correct guidelines that are set by the doctor.
- Analytics and general testing (cardiac and respiratory diagnostics).
- Local and sedation.
- Ambulatory or hospitalization of 24h.
- Requires bandage from 24 to 48 h.
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory check-ups after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- You can wash your hair after 3 days.
- Normal life 3 days after without sweating or doing sports for one month.
- Do not use hats, caps… or any other object which oppresses the treated area during 2 or 3 days.
- Very rewarding.
- Immediate, the day after you can already see voluminous hair on the affected area.
- In case of requiring two interventions, it will be necessary to wait between 3 and 6 months in order to realize the second one and see the final result.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
LEVEL OF RISK
- Common risks the intervention could have: visible scarring that would need correcting.
- Risks of all interventions: haemorrhage, infection, scarring alteration.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service