Scalp lift surgery
English subtitled video
The scalp lift treatment at Clínica Sanza in Barcelona consists of performing a superficial tightening of the scalp in order to cover the alopecic areas of the crown and sides, or to enlarge the micrograft donor area in cases where it is scarce.
It is also done in patients who wish to advance the first line of hair implantation, that is, reduce a very clear forehead.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
Normally, men with AGA (androgenic alopecia) in the crown or any patient who has suffered an accident with loss of the scalp in the occipital area.
Men or women who want to reduce the space without hair between the eyebrows and the beginning of it, that is, the forehead.
You can see cases of this surgery procedure in the photos that we show you below.
Using this technique, we can cover very extensive baldness and the result is immediate, since with the lifting hair follicles are not reimplanted but the skin expands in such a way that the alopecic area is covered with hair at the time of the intervention.
DURATION OF THE INTERVENTION
- 2 to 3 hours
• Evaluation of the area to determine the adequacy of the treatment
• Follow specific guidelines determined by the doctor
• Analysis and tests on the cardiac and respiratory status
• Local and sedation
• Outpatient or 24-hour admission
• Requires bandaging for 24 to 48 hours
• Medication if required
• Mandatory check-ups after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription
• You can wash your hair after 3 days
• Normal life after 3 days without sweating or doing sports for a month
• Do not wear a hat, cap …, or any object that presses on the suture area for 3 days after the operation ; after this time it can be used if desired
- Hair increase in the desired area, with greater density than an implant
- Rejuvenated appearance
- Improvement of the psychological profile and self-esteem of the patient
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
- Simple-medium intervention
- Risks of the intervention: visible scarring that must be retouched
- Risks of any intervention: hemorrhage, infection, impaired healing
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service
Frequently asked questions about scalp lifting surgery
What is a scalp lift?
Who is a candidate for a Scalp Lift?
Can a scalp lift be used on scarred areas?
Can a scalp lift be combined with micro hair grafts or any other procedure?
When can I resume my normal activities after a scalp lift?
What is the procedure for performing a scalp lift?
Is a scalp lift a painful procedure?
Why do some people think the scalp lift is out of use?
The lack of information and the emergence of certain trends give rise to this erroneous opinion. The scalp lifting is a technique that has been modified with the passage of time and in which we use materials and sutures increasingly refined, so the results are infinitely better than those achieved a few years ago, and although the techniques of hair micrografts have also improved and are the first choice for certain patients, the hair lift is still, alone or in combination with hair grafts, an excellent alternative for a group of specific patients.
The disadvantage is that it must be performed in the operating room and the price is higher than the grafts, but the result is better to achieve greater hair density than can be achieved with micro grafts, either with the technique of FUE or FUS.