Calf muscle prosthesis surgery
English subtitled video
The calf muscle prosthesis surgery at Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, consists of placing implants in the leg zone, with material that does not cause an immunological reaction and integrates with the tissues naturally.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
WE ORGANIZE EVERYTHING FOR YOU
Your trip, your flight, your operation, your transfer and your hotel with our support agency. We work with the best travel agencies worldwide.
People that want to reshape their legs, either the calf muscles or the whole leg down to the ankles.
People that have suffered a traumatism or a bad development of one or both calf muscles, internal or external.
This procedure requires a precise technique and a correct previous evaluation of each particular case. From this primary evaluation, the volume of the prothesis will be determined in regards of each case and the patient’s wishes. Prosthesis are elongated and they can range from 10 cm to provide definition to the calf muscles, or 30cm to cover all the leg down to the ankle. The thickness can vary from 5 to 15 cm.
Prosthesis will be placed with an incision where the knee bends, behind the rotula, and they will be placed between the sole muscle and the intern, extern or both gastrocnemius muscles. Once the implant is placed, the incision is sutured and some drainages are placed and a compressive bandage, that will remain for some days.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- From 1 to 2 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine the adequacy of the treatment.
- Follow specific patterns determined by the doctor.
- Cardiac, respiratory and blood tests.
- Local and sedation, or general.
- 24 h hospitalization.
- Drainage and compressive bandage.
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory examinations after several days, several weeks and several months, according to prescription.
- Suture removal after 7 days if it is not resorbed.
- Drainage and bandage removal after 24 hours.
- Special belt to avoid hematomas and liquid collections for 15-20 days
- Normal activity after 24-28 hours, without sudden movements.
- After a month of surgery physical exercise can be done in a progressive way.
- Transitory sensitivity loses, that will be recovered.
- Improved appearance.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
- Mid-simple intervention.
- Own intervention risks: prosthesis intolerance, with a possible displacement that will require a retouch to replace them.
- General intervention risks: hemorrhage, infection, scarring alteration.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service