Remove biopolymers or silicone from lips
The operation to remove silicone and biopolymers from the lips that we perform at Clínica Sanza Barcelona is a delicate surgical procedure that requires experience. It consists of removing the products that cause deformities in the lips caused by infiltrations and aesthetic treatments that over time have undergone a process of transmutation, displacement or swelling.
Silicone or biopolymers are permanent fillers that have been widely used to augment lips and other areas of the body. They were withdrawn from the market more than 20 years ago, it was observed that, over time, they caused more or less serious problems of: displacement, rejection, pain, inflammation and even more serious problems of necrosis and embolism. This has created a new disease called “
This plastic surgery operation is performed by few plastic surgeons in Spain, in Clínica Sanza we have been removing biopolymers from the lips of our patients for more than 30 years.
WHERE DO WE PERFORM THE OPERATIONS?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and sanitary personnel, as well as its technology endorse it.
Persons who have undergone cosmetic treatment of the lips with adverse results or lip deformation due to injected substances, threads or lip prostheses.
Products that have caused problems of lumps, tumors and malformations due to injection of substances in and around the lips, usually caused by biopolymers, silicones, methacrylates, kerosenes and many others, are removed.
Malpractice in the placement of these substances has led to the emergence of this new disease called iatrogenic allogenesis. That is why it is important to choose well to whom we entrust our health and our desires for aesthetic improvement, and even more so when it comes to solving the adverse effects derived from this malpractice.
DURATION OF THE INTERVENTION
- 1 to 2 hours
- Evaluation of the area to determine the adequacy of the treatment.
- Follow specific guidelines determined by the doctor
- CBC and tests on cardiac and respiratory status
- Local and sedation if desired
- Medication if required
- Mandatory check-ups after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription
- 2 to 6 days depending on the amount of product extracted
- Immediate and virtually painless recovery
- Very rewarding
- Restoration of natural appearance and lip tone
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
- Simple intervention due to Dr. Sanza’s experience in these substance extraction techniques.
LEVEL OF RISK
- Low if done by a highly experienced specialist
- Risks inherent to the procedure: care of the mucosal stitches
- Risks of any operation: bleeding, infection, impaired healing