Biopolymers, silicone and other substances extraction surgery on lips
English subtitled video
The operation to remove silicone and biopolymers from the lips that we perform at Clínica Sanza Barcelona is a delicate surgical procedure that requires experience. It consists of removing the products that cause deformities in the lips caused by infiltrations and aesthetic treatments that over time have undergone a process of transmutation, displacement or swelling.
Silicone or biopolymers are permanent fillers that have been widely used to augment lips and other areas of the body. More than 20 years ago they were withdrawn from the market, it was observed that, over time, they caused more or less serious problems of: displacement, rejection, pain, inflammation and even more serious problems of necrosis and embolism. This has created a new disease called “iatrogenic allogenosis“.
This plastic surgery operation is performed by very few plastic surgeons in Spain. At Clínica Sanza we have been removing biopolymers from the lips of our patients for more than 30 years.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
WE ORGANIZE EVERYTHING FOR YOU
Your trip, your flight, your operation, your transfer and your hotel with our support agency. We work with the best travel agencies worldwide.
People who have undergone an aesthetical treatment of the lips with adverse results or lips deformation due to injected substances, threads or prostheses.
Products that have caused lumps, tumors and malformation problems caused by the injection of substances in the lips and surroundings, mainly with biopolymers, silicones, methacrylates, paraffins and many others are extracted .
The insertion of these substances has led to the appearance of a new disease called iatrogenic alogenosis. That is the reason why it is important to make a good choice when we decide who we trust in regards to our health and our desires for aesthetic improvement, even more so when it comes to solving the adverse effects derived from that malpractice.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- From 1 to 2 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine if the treatment is suitable.
- Following the correct guidelines that are set by the doctor.
- Blood tests and general testing (cardiac and respiratory diagnostics).
- Local and sedation if desired.
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory revisions after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- From 2 to 6 days according to the amount of extracted product.
- Quick and almost painless recovery.
RESULTS / OUTCOME
- Very rewarding.
- Recovery of natural appearance and lip tonicity.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
- Simple intervention due to the experience of Dr. Sanza in the extraction of substances techniques.
LEVEL OF RISK
- Low if done by a specialist with a lot of experience.
- Common risks the intervention could have: suture care of the mucous membrane.
- Risks of all interventions: hemorrhage, infection, scarring alteration.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service