Lip correction surgery | Cheiloplasty
English subtitled video
The lip correction surgery performed by Clínica Sanza in Barcelona will depend on the case of each patient. There are some alterations, whether congenital or acquired, that affect the lip symmetry and their neighboring structures, and which may require a corrective procedure, wether medical-aesthetical or surgical, to redefine the harmony of the affected lips.
In the case of asymmetries an evaluation is necessary for each one of the structures to determine its’ cause and its’ possible solutions.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, is a centre of reference for lip correction surgery.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
People who have congenital asymmetries, or who have lost part of the labial vermilion due to accidents, tumors, burns, etc.
Existen dos procedimientos para realizar esta intervención, según se quieran resultados temporales o definitivos.
The lip correction surgery is similar to the one that is carried out to increase them. The procedure applied can either have temporary or definitive results.
If biocompatible substances, such as hyaluronic acid, are infiltrated, lip correction is effective as volume and projection are gained, but the temporality of these substances includes subsequent retouching.
In cases where the intervention allows it, a permanent and definitive procedure will be chosen through the internal labial mucosa and without infiltrating any products.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- From 1 to 2 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine if the treatment is appropriate.
- Following the correct guidelines that are set by the doctor.
- Blood tests and general testing (cardiac and respiratory diagnostics).
- Local and sedation if desired.
- Good oral hygiene with mouthwash.
- Medication if required.
- Soft adapted diet for a few days to avoid mouth discomfort.
- Mandatory revisions after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- From 2 to 6 days according to lip deformity.
- Quick and almost painless recovery.
RESULTS / OUTCOME
- A very satisfactory outcome.
- Natural appearance and consistency.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
- Average intervention.
LEVEL OF RISK
- Common risks the intervention could have: Require a retouch if the lip deformity is very complex.
- Risks of all interventions: hemorrhage, infection, scarring alteration.