Lip Correction - Cheiloplasty
Video subtitled in English
The lip correction performed by Clínica Sanza in Barcelona will depend on the case of each patient. There are a series of alterations, whether congenital or acquired, that affect the correct symmetry of the lips and their neighboring structures, and that may require some corrective procedure, either medical-aesthetic or surgical, to redefine the harmony of the area.
In these cases of asymmetries it is necessary to evaluate each of the structures in the area in order to determine the cause of the asymmetry and its possible solutions.Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, is a reference center in the treatment of lip correction.
WHERE DO WE PERFORM THE OPERATIONS?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and sanitary personnel, as well as its technology endorse it.
People who present congenital asymmetries, or who have lost part of the lip vermilion due to accidents, tumors, burns, etc.
There are two procedures for this procedure, depending on whether temporary or definitive results are desired.
The procedure to correct the lips is similar to the one performed to augment them. The procedure applied will be decisive to obtain temporary or definitive.
If biocompatible substances, such as hyaluronic acid, are infiltrated, lip correction is effective because volume and projection are gained, but the temporary nature of these substances entails subsequent retouching.
In cases where the corrective intervention allows it, a long-lasting and definitive procedure will be chosen through the internal labial mucosa and without infiltrating products.
DURATION OF THE INTERVENTION
- 1 to 2 hours
- Evaluation of the area to determine the adequacy of the treatment.
- Follow specific guidelines determined by the doctor
- CBC and tests on cardiac and respiratory status
- Local and sedation if desired
- Good oral hygiene with mouthwashes
- Medication if required
- Adapted soft diet for a few days to avoid oral discomfort
- Mandatory check-ups after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription
- 2 to 6 days depending on lip deformity
- Immediate and virtually painless recovery
- Very satisfactory result
- Natural appearance and consistency
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
- Medium intervention
LEVEL OF RISK
- Risks inherent to the operation: requiring a touch-up if the lip deformity is very complex.
- Risks of any operation: bleeding, infection, impaired healing