Lips reconstruction surgery
Lip reconstruction surgery performed in Clínica Sanza Barcelona requires a specific assessment of each person’s problem in order to find the most appropriate therapeutic option for each particular case.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, is a reference center for lip reconstruction surgery.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
People, usually babies, with cleft lip, or with malformation due to genetic or traumatic causes such as tumors, accidents, scars, burns, etc.
Being a malformation that usually occurs in newborns, the cleft lip intervention will be carried out at an early age and it can be very variable depending on the affected areas: lip; lip and palate; lip palate, and nose. It also depends on whether it is unilateral or bilateral.
Due to the different degrees of complexity, it is sometimes necessary to perform the intervention in one, two or three times.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- From 1 to 4 hours, according to the case.
- Evaluation of the area to determine if the treatment is suitable.
- Following the correct guidelines that are set by the doctor.
- Blood tests and general testing (cardiac and respiratory diagnostics).
- Local and sedation if desired.
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory revisions after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- Variable, according to the case.
RESULTS / OUTCOME
- Very rewarding.
- Recovery of a natural appearance.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
- Average intervention.
LEVEL OF RISK
- Medium-high, according to deformity.
- Common risks the intervention could have: suture care of the mucous membrane.
- Risks of all interventions: hemorrhage, infection, scarring alteration.