Lip reduction surgery
English subtitled video
The lip reduction surgery performed in Clínica Sanza in Barcelona consists of redefining lip contour and volume, eliminating the excess of tissue or rearranging it to achieve a desired and harmonious aesthetic result in consonance with the rest of the facial structure.
This decrease in lip size can be due to several factors:
- Large lips from birth
- People who have had silicone or biopolymers in the past.
- People who have had hyaluronic acid and find their lips are too large
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, is a reference center for lip reduction surgery.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
WE ORGANIZE EVERYTHING FOR YOU
Your trip, your flight, your operation, your transfer and your hotel with our support agency. We work with the best travel agencies worldwide.
People who want an improvement on the profile of their lips due to too much volume.
People who, after placing them permanent substances, have their lips deformed.
People from different ethnicities with more prominent lips that desire a reduction of lips.
It is practiced under local anaesthesia (like in dental clinics). It consists of opening the upper lip through inside the mucosa, lower or both, if needed. The labial mucosa is then retracted and sutured in order to obtain a perfect outcome.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- From 1 to 2 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine if the treatment is suitable.
- Following the correct guidelines that are set by the doctor.
- Blood tests and general testing (cardiac and respiratory diagnostics).
- Local and sedation if desired.
- Good oral hygiene with mouthwash.
- Medication if required.
- Soft adapted diet for a few days to avoid mouth discomfort.
- Mandatory revisions after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- From 2 to 6 days according to lip deformity.
- Quick and almost painless recovery.
RESULTS / OUTCOME
- A very satisfactory outcome.
- Natural appearence and consistency.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
- Simple-medium intervention.
LEVEL OF RISK
- Common risks the intervention could have: suture care of the mucous membrane.
- Risks of all interventions: hemorrhage, infection, scarring alteration.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service