Septoplasty surgery in Barcelona | Nasal septum
English subtitled video
Septoplasty is an operation to fix breathing problems caused by a deviated nasal septum. The nasal septum is a cartilage that cannot be seen and is located right in the middle of the nose, between the two nostrils.
This operation achieves two results: better breathing and fixing the deviation of the nose to improve the aesthetic appearance.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona is a leading centre in the treatment of nasal septum plasty.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
WE ORGANIZE EVERYTHING FOR YOU
Your trip, your flight, your operation, your transfer and your hotel with our support agency. We work with the best travel agencies worldwide.
People who have both respiratory dysfunctions and aesthetic alterations of the nose.
It is performed in patients (basically athletes or with congenital malformations), who’ve suffered a nasal impact, or present deviations or bone callus which makes breathing difficult.
DURATION OF THE INTERVENTION
- From 2 to 3 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine if the surgery is suitable.
- Following the correct guidelines that are set by the doctor.
- General testing (cardiac and respiratory diagnostics).
- Local and sedation, or general.
- Ambulatory, or a period of 24h.
- Nasal plug and protective splint.
- Withdrawal of tamponade between 24h and 48h.
- Withdrawal of the protective splint between 7 or 10 days.
- Discomfort due to the nasel plug and splint, usually painless.
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory revisions after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- From 5 to 10 days from the surgery
- Be careful, do not get hurt or have any impact on the area that has been treated.
- Clear and visible aesthetic changes straight after the operation.
- Final aspects can be seen between one and three months after the intervention.
- Rejuvenated and improved appereance.
- Improvement of the psychological profile and a notable increase on the individual’s self-esteem.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
- Simple – medium surgery
Level of risk
- Low risk surgery.
- Risks the intervention might have: callus or bone sequestration that might need retouching.
- Risks of any surgery: hemorrhage, infection, alteration of skin wound healing.
BEFORE / AFTER PHOTOS
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service