Silicone, biopolymers or other body materials extraction surgery
Removal of biopolymers from the body
Video subtitled in English
Removal of biopolymers from the face
Video subtitled in English
The most commonly used substances have been and continue to be: silicone, paraffin, liquid petrolatum, petroleum jelly, mineral or vegetable oil, animal fat and methacrylate. A large percentage of patients are unaware or uninformed of the injected material as they are usually injected in poorly accredited centers.
We say that it is still being done because in some centres there are still doctors and not doctors who continue to put them illegally and without scruples, knowing that they are going to cause a safe problem for patients.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
WE ORGANIZE EVERYTHING FOR YOU
Your trip, your flight, your operation, your transfer and your hotel with our support agency. We work with the best travel agencies worldwide.
People who present complications with adverse outcomes due to infiltration of biopolymers or other substances.
People who want to remove them before having problems.
It consists of the extraction of the products with Lipo Laser or open surgery..
Sometimes they need combined procedures depending on: the area to be treated, the amount placed, and the problem caused at the muscular, subcutaneous, or superficial (skin) level..
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- 1 to 2 hours depending on the area to be treated, sometimes 4 to 6 hours
- Evaluation of the area to suit the treatment
- Follow specific guidelines determined by the Doctor
- Cardiology and respiratory tests, if necessary
- Local and sedation if desired by the patient or general depending on the area to be treated
- Ambulatory if it is for small volumes in face (lips, cheeks and cheekbones)
- 1 to 2 days admission for large volumes (breasts, arms, buttocks, or legs)
- Medication if required: antibiotics, analgesics, and anti-inflammatories
- Mandatory check-ups after a few days, weeks or months depending on the surgery performed
- 2 to 6 days depending on the amount of product extracted and body area
- Recovery practically painless except large volumes in buttocks and legs, which may require more rest and sometimes two surgical times: one to extract and another to repair. Similar to breast cancer reconstruction
- Very gratifying, very grateful for the patients
- Recovery of the natural aspect
- Improves the psychological profile and self-esteem of the patient
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
- Simple intervention on lips and buttocks due to Dr. Sanza’s experience in these biopolymer extraction techniques
- Complex if they affect any large area or close to nerve endings or blood vessels
- Low risk if performed by an experienced specialist
- Risks specific to the intervention such as haemorrhage, infection or altered scarring. Sometimes long scars or even skin grafts must be left
Removing biopolymers from the buttocks
Remove biopolymers from the lips
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service