Hymenoplasty or hymen restoration surgery
English subtitled video
Hymenoplasty or hymen restoration is a surgical procedure that repairs and restores the thin membrane that covers the entrance of the vagina that may have been broken. Depending on the case, different plastic surgery techniques are used to repair the hymen, which we will explain below.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona is a reference centre in the treatment of hymenoplasty or hymen restoration.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
WE ORGANIZE EVERYTHING FOR YOU
Your trip, your flight, your operation, your transfer and your hotel with our support agency. We work with the best travel agencies worldwide.
Women that wish to restore their hymen.
The hymen is composed by fibrous and elastic tissue covered with little blood vessels. When it breaks, small bleeding occurs. Sexual activity is the general cause of hymen breaking but it has also been demonstrated that in some unusual circumstances it can be broken by using a tampon; practicing sports like cycling, horse riding or gymnastics; even spontaneously.
There are three kinds of hymenoplasty
- Early repair: hymen is sutured in a maximum period of 15 to 20 days after the break.
- Hymen reconstruction from caruncles or membrane vestiges. This is the most frequent technique.
- Creation of a new membrane form a vaginal mucous section. This technique can also be combined with the anterior one.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- From 1 to 2 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine the adequacy of the treatment.
- Follow specific patterns determined by the doctor.
- Cardiac, blood and respiratory tests if needed.
- Local and sedation.
- Ambulatory or 24 h hospitalization.
- 24 hours relative rest; in other words, the patient can remain sited or walk.
- Little bleeding from 2 to 3 days.
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory examinations after several days, several weeks and several months, according to prescription.
- Sutures don’t have to be removed because the thread is resorbed.
- Patient cannot practice sex or exercise in a month.
- Non-visible scars.
- Improved and rejuvenated appearance.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
- Simple intervention.
- Intervention risks: membrane can be broken again and it could need a retouch.
- General intervention risks: hemorrhage, infection, scarring alteration.
VIDEO OF INTIMATE FEMALE SURGERY (audio in spanish)
Video explaining the different plastic surgery treatments for female genitalia that we can perform in our clinic.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service