Abdominal prostheses (six packs)
English subtitled video
Clínica Sanza, in Barcelona, with more than 30 years dedicated exclusively to plastic surgery, is a reference center for this type of surgery.
WHERE DO WE PERFORM THE OPERATIONS?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and sanitary personnel, as well as its technology endorse it.
Men who are slim or lean and who, despite doing sports, do not develop their abdominal muscles.
Also for men who want to increase their abdominal muscles.
Not recommended if the patient has a distended abdomen or is overweight. In such cases, we advise high definition liposuction.
It is performed in the operating room.
It consists of making an incision at the level of the pubis and peeling off the skin up to the ribs. Once we see the muscle bellies, we open each one and between the muscle and the fascia that covers them, we place the custom-made silicone prostheses.
There are patients who have 6 muscle bellies, but there are those who have 8. They are not always identical or symmetrical. If you look at pictures of guys with their abs pulled in you will notice that they are not always the same. Therefore, prostheses must be trimmed and adapted to the size of each patient.
The type of silicone is solid but flexible, similar to cheek, chin or jaw angle prostheses. Not like biceps, triceps, shoulder, buttock or calf prostheses, which have a capsule and high cohesive gel inside them.
DURATION OF THE INTERVENTION
- 4 – 5 hours
- Evaluate that the patient is a candidate for six packs and not for high definition liposuction.
- Follow the guidelines established by the medical team.
- Pre-operative work-up: CBC, EKG, and chest x-ray if needed.
- General or epidural
- 24 to 48 hours
- Rest one week
- Wear a girdle, which will be provided by Clínica Sanza, for approximately 1 month.
- You can do sports from one month after the operation.
- Abdomen with demarcation of the muscular bellies or six pack
- Athletic and rejuvenated appearance
- Improved self-esteem if affected psychologically
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
LEVEL OF RISK
- Risks inherent to any operation: hemorrhage, infection, scarring alterations, etc.
- Risks of possible displacement of any prosthesis. Infrequent, but if it happens, it must be reintervened to reposition it.