Otoplasty, ear reconstruction surgery
English subtitled video
Ear reconstruction plastic surgery is indicated for people who have some kind of major deformity in their ears, or who are even born without ears or with only part of them. It requires an assessment of the problem that affects each person so that the plastic surgeon can advise the most suitable option for each case.
It can be confused with ear malformation surgery, the difference being that this case is more suitable for people whose ear reconstruction is more important.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona is a leading centre in the treatment of otoplasty.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
WE ORGANIZE EVERYTHING FOR YOU
Your trip, your flight, your operation, your transfer and your hotel with our support agency. We work with the best travel agencies worldwide.
People who are deformed by traumatic causes such as tumors, accidents or scars.
People who are born with anotia or microtia, that is, without ears or very small ears.
It is usually more complex than aesthetic otoplasty. It may require 2 or 3 surgical interventions, first providing the skin and then cartilage or prosthesis to form the new ear.
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- From 3 to 4 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine the appropriateness of the treatment.
- Follow specific guidelines determined by the doctor.
- Blood tests, cardiac and respiratory status if needed.
- Local and sedation, or general.
- From 24h to 48h if rib cartilage is required.
- Bandage covering both heads.
- Removing the bandage at 48 hours.
- Stitch removal between 10 and 15 days.
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory revisions after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- Do not clean wounds until 4 or 5 days.
- Do not do risk sports until 30 days.
- Avoid direct exposure of the wound to the sun during this time.
- They usually require several retouches until they even the ears.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
- Medium – high intervention.
LEVEL OF RISK
- Medium – high.
- Risks of this intervention: posible recurrence that needs retouching.
- Risks of all interventions: haemorrhage, infection, impaired healing.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service