Lip augmentation surgery | Cheiloplasty
English subtitled video
The lip augmentation that we perform at Clínica Sanza in Barcelona can be done in two ways:
- The best known, with hyaluronic acid injections. This solution is the simplest, quickest and cheapest, but it is not definitive, it lasts for a while.
- The less well known is technically called everting the lips. This is a small lip operation that allows the labial mucosa of one or both lips to be turned outwards in a definitive and even more natural and elegant way. It allows the recovery of the size of the lip lost over the years, the improvement of peribuccal wrinkles or the increase of the thickness or profile when someone wants it.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona is a leading centre in the treatment of lip augmentation.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
WE ORGANIZE EVERYTHING FOR YOU
Your trip, your flight, your operation, your transfer and your hotel with our support agency. We work with the best travel agencies worldwide.
Generally, women and men who want to improve the lip volume, profile , or asymmetry.
There are two procedures for this intervention that depending on whether the results are temporary or definitive.
Through the infiltration of substances, such as the known hyaluronic acid or others, we can disguise and correct the volume deficit or improve the lip projection achieved.
The materials that we use are temporary and biocompatible with the organism, with similar consistency to the tissue in which they are implanted, thus, they are almost imperceptible to the touch. They are chemically and physically stable over time.
You can work on the lip volume or simply outline the edge and the cupid bow with very natural results. The key for a good result is the combination of the infiltrated material, the experience in its application and to do it little by little, without big increases.
We advise not to use permanent products to avoid displacements and lumps over time; neither thread nor labial prosthesis, since in the long run they can be perceptible or move unless the patient does not smile or kiss or gesture a lot with the lips.
With a small operation performed under local anaesthesia (as when we go to the dentist). It consists of advancing the inner labial mucosa in order to evert it outwards, without the need to infiltrate any product.
This technique is increasingly requested by patients because it is definitive, and even more natural and elegant.
VIDEO: HOW HIALURONIC ACID IS INJECTED – (sound in Spanish)
DURATION OF THE SURGERY
- From 1 to 2 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine if the treatment is suitable.
- Following the correct guidelines that are set by the doctor.
- Blood tests and general testing (cardiac and respiratory diagnostics).
- No hospitalization.
- Medication if required.
- Immediate recovery with hyaluronic acid infiltration.
- One week in case of realizing a definitive intervention.
RESULTATS / OUTCOME
- Excellent and safe result.
- Appearance and natural consistency.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
- Simple intervention.
LEVEL OF RISK
- Postoperative care with stitches on the inner lining of the lips for 10 days.
- Common risks the intervention could have: possible suture rejection, hemorrage, infection.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service
Frequently asked questions about lip augmentation surgery
What is lip augmentation?
What area of the lips can be improved with these fillers?
What is hyaluronic acid and what advantages does it have for lip filling?
- It is a natural, biodegradable and resorbable (temporary) product. Approximately 1 year depending on the product used, infiltrated volume and injection technique.
- The implant is integrated into the tissues in a natural way, allowing oxygen and nutrients to pass through the skin.
- It allows to maintain an adequate hydration of the skin and a characteristic turgidity of the youth, reason why the results, in lips, are aesthetically evident and above all very natural as much visually as to the tact.