Breast augmentation surger with prosthesis | Augmentation mammoplasty
English subtitled video
Breast augmentation with prosthesis is an operation known technically as augmentation mammoplasty. It involves inserting round or anatomical implants, adapted to the patient’s physiognomy. Our plastic surgeons at Clínica Sanza, with more than 30 years dedicated exclusively to plastic surgery, advise the patient on what would be best in their case, bearing in mind that the patient has the last word.
This operation can be carried out in different ways depending on the type of prosthesis we place, where it is placed exactly and the size chosen by the patient. This operation involves changing the volume and shape of the mammae.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona is a centre of reference in breast augmentation surgery with prosthesis.
The total cost of the intervention is: 5.900 €
Can I finance it?
Yes, up to 36 months INTEREST FREE,
it would cost 168,81 €
I have found cheaper prices What is the difference at Clínica Sanza?
- At Clínica Sanza we work with the best prostheses that exist with lifetime guarantee.
- We operate at Sagrat Cor Hospital, one of the reference hospitals in Barcelona, it is part of the Quirón Group, and it has the ICU service in the same center. This is very important for us and for the patient.
- After the operation we recommend spending a night of observation in the Hospital.
- The indicated price also includes reintervention insurance for any inconvenience that may have arisen during the operation.
- We have more than 30 years of experience, and we know what we are talking about.
For us, peace of mind is priceless.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
BARCELONA: A HEALTH HUB
Do you want to know why it is worth coming to Barcelona for plastic surgery and why so many people come from abroad?
WE ORGANIZE EVERYTHING FOR YOU
Your trip, your flight, your operation, your transfer and your hotel with our support agency. We work with the best travel agencies worldwide.
Generally, women who consider that their breasts are too small, and people who want a gender change.
This intervention is also indicated for the breast asymmetrie corrections, and the restoration of the natural volume after pregnancy and lactation, loss of weight or the age.
Breasts reconstruction after the extirpation of the breast by medical causes, such as tumors and cancer, deserve a special treatment. If this is your case, consult our section: Breast reconstruction, where you will find all the information you need.
The doctor will make a previous evaluation of each case to ensure that the final result is appropriate to the wishes and needs of the patient. In this phase, the specialist will value the volume, the projection of the breast, the skin quality and the physical constitution, among other factors. Depending on the type of breast you want, we will advise round or drop prosthesis with more or less base and projection.
The doctor will then advise on the access area and the position of the prosthesis. The implants can be placed via the submammary, abdominal, transareolar, axillary or periareolar, which is usually the most common.
The prostheses are placed in three zones: under the gland, under the muscular fascia or under the pectoral muscle. The volume of the existing breast prior to the intervention will determine the location. Generally, they are usually placed under the muscle since the aesthetic and functional results are more satisfactory.
Finally, the incision is sutured and the drains are placed, which must be worn for 24 hours.
We advise you to show us a picture of the type of breast you desire to specify more accurately the type of implant and determine which anatomical structure is best.
DURATION OF THE INTERVENTION
- From 1 to 2 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine if the treatment is suitable.
- Following the correct guidelines that are set by the doctor.
- Blood tests and general testing (cardiac and respiratory diagnostics).
- Ultrasound scan and/or a mammography.
- Local and sedation.
- Ambulatory or 24h hospitalization.
- Medication if required.
- Drainage and compression bandage from 24 to 48 h.
- Once drainage and bandages are removed, use of a special bra.
- Mandatory revisions after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- From 3 to 4 days.
- Avoid picking up weights and making abrupt movements from 10 to 20 days.
- Use of sports bra, and comfortable and loose clothing the first few days.
- Do not play sports or activities that require effort for at least a month.
RESULTS / OUTCOME
- Desired breast augmentation.
- Breasts replacement.
- Breasts balance and symmetry.
- Natural and perfect appearance and consistency of the treated breasts.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
- Simple intervention.
LEVEL OF RISK
- Common risks the intervention could have: Capsular contracture, implant rupture, implant rotation, rejection.
- Risks of all interventions: hemorrhage, infection, scarring alteration.
Do you want to know what breast scars look like?
We have a very informative article that talks in detail and shows graphics of what breast operation scars look like, where the scar is made, and much more.
Find out more about what breast surgery scars look like
Video of breast augmentation operation with prostheses
If you want to see how a real breast augmentation operation with prostheses is performed, this is the video for you. It has been filmed in fast motion because the real operation lasts more than 1 hour. It is a complete filming, it shows from when the anaesthesia is administered, through the cuts with the scalpel, placement of the breast prostheses, until the patient is sutured and bandaged.
There is no audio.
WARNING: This is a video of a real operation, we warn that it may cause an impression and hurt the sensitivity of some people.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service
Frequently asked questions about breast prosthesis surgery
Having larger breasts is a natural desire among women with small breasts, breasts significantly different in shape and volume, and even in women who have small, sagging breasts due to breastfeeding or age. Breast volume augmentation restores the proportions of the trunk to the waistline and improves self-perception and self-esteem.
It’s a difficult question to answer. Is there the best car, the best bag, the best watch?
In Europe there are only the prostheses with EEC (European Economic Community) markings, and all of them have very rigorous quality controls. that is to say, they are all equally good.
Only the guarantees differentiate them:
- 10 years
- 20 years
- For life
At Clinica Sanza we only use or recommend the lifetime warranty.
Until 1 or 2 years ago, rough prostheses were used, but now there has been a change since it was discovered that they can cause a type of Limphoma (LACG).
For this reason, at Clínica Sanza we place smooth prostheses again but with the same guarantees of contracture and/or breakage for life. We consider that we do not want risks for our patients even though they are unlikely. We seek maximum safety.