Bioplasty or hyaluronic acid filler
Bioplasty or filling with hyaluronic acid is a treatment that we do at Clínica Sanza in Barcelona and has the great advantage that it can be done at the moment, in the first visit.
Facial aging is a complex process that involves changes in all the tissues that make up the morphology of the face. This is why certain superficial treatments that seek to optimize the skin may not be sufficient to produce an evident change in the search for a more youthful appearance.
Once the patient presents loss of volume, permanently marked expression lines and displacement of the deeper tissues due to tissue laxity, the optional indication to solve the problem should be the compensation of lost volume with injectable substances such as hyaluronic acid, repositioning of the tissues with tensor threads, or in more advanced cases, with surgery by means of a weekend lift.
Hyaluronic acid is a collagen protein that every human being has under the skin, which provides elasticity and turgidity to the skin.
Today there are many laboratories that commercialize hyaluronic acid. This product comes in vials ready to be injected in order to add volume to areas where it has been lost or to highlight facial features.
Types of hyaluronic acid that exist
1 - Cross-linked hyaluronic acid
Also known as dermal filler hyaluronic acid, it is used to smooth wrinkles and folds, plump lips and improve the appearance of the skin. It is injected with a syringe.
For example, it can be applied in the area of nasolabial wrinkles (lines that run from the nose to the mouth), frown lines between the eyebrows, marionette lines (lines that run from the corners of the mouth to the chin) and to increase the volume of the lips.
2 - Low density hyaluronic acid
It is used to hydrate and replenish moisture in the skin. It is injected with a syringe.
For example, it can be applied all over the face and neck to improve hydration and the appearance of dry, dehydrated skin, as well as to smooth fine lines and superficial wrinkles.
3 - Topical hyaluronic acid
It is available in the form of serums, creams and gels that are applied directly to the skin. It is used to moisturize, smooth and improve the appearance of the skin in areas such as the face, neck and hands. It can also be used as a complement in skin care routines to maintain adequate hydration.
4 - Hyaluronic acid for intra-articular injection
It is used to treat conditions such as osteoarthritis by injecting directly into the joints.
For example, it can be applied to joints such as the knee, shoulder or hip to help lubricate and cushion the affected joints, relieving symptoms and improving mobility.
How long do the results of injecting hyaluronic acid last?
The duration of hyaluronic acid once injected can vary depending on several factors. In general, the duration of the results can range from a few months to more than a year.
Hyaluronic acid is a resorbable material, which means that over time it is broken down and metabolized naturally in the body. The rate of resorption can be affected by the concentration and cross-linking of the hyaluronic acid used, as well as the individual’s location and metabolism.
- In areas of the face that are constantly in motion, such as the lips, the duration of the results may be shorter due to the increased muscle activity and the constant absorption of the hyaluronic acid. In these cases, the results can last from
between 6 months and a year
- In areas that are not as exposed to movement, such as the cheeks or chin, results may last longer,
12 to 18 months or even longer.
It is important to keep in mind that the duration of results can also be affected by post-treatment care and individual lifestyle habits. Maintaining a good skin care routine, avoiding excessive sun exposure and following the recommendations of the medical or esthetic professional will help prolong the results.
It is essential to remember that the specific duration of hyaluronic acid can vary from person to person, as each individual has unique characteristics and metabolizes hyaluronic acid differently. To obtain an accurate assessment and to know the expected duration in your particular case, it is advisable to consult with a qualified medical or aesthetic professional who can evaluate your needs and provide you with personalized recommendations.
Can I socialize or work the next day?
Yes, you do not need to rest unless you have a profession with risk of hitting the area. What we advise is to avoid going to the gym for the first two days.
You may have small bruises that go away in 24 to 48 hours and minimal swelling.
Men and women with loss of facial tissue volume who would like to improve facial morphology:
- Filling of the temporal region.
- Cheekbone augmentation or correction of the malar region.
- Nasolabial fold correction.
- Lip augmentation and lip contouring.
- Projection of the mandibular and maxillary angle.
- Correction of marionette lines.
- Chin augmentation.
Prior to a thorough examination and marking of the area to be treated, antisepsis of the region is performed, depending on the area to be treated, local anesthesia may be applied, then the product is infiltrated with needles or hypodermic cannulas of minimal caliber that do not leave marks. Finally, massage the area to distribute the product evenly.
It is a very simple, fast and minimally invasive procedure, so it does not cause pain or great discomfort to the patient and does not require time off work after the treatment.
- Between 15-45 minutes depending on the amount placed and areas worked.
- Evaluation of the area to determine treatment.
- No blood tests or other tests are necessary.
- Control photograph of the area to be treated.
- Anesthetic cream can be applied or local anesthesia can be infiltrated to reduce discomfort; this procedure is very well tolerated by the patient.
- Without hospitalization.
- Do not perform intense physical activity 24hr after treatment.
- Keep the treated area clean.
- Do not massage the worked area.
- No bandage required.
- No medication is required.
- Immediate return to work, minimal swelling or small bruises may appear in the worked area which will disappear in 24-48 hours at the most.
- Recovery of lost tissue volume , noticeable reduction of skin flaccidity and reduction of expression lines, collagen stimulation that improves skin quality in the applied area.
- Volume enhancement in the treated area to highlight facial features.
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
- Very simple intervention.
LEVEL OF RISK
Remove nasolabial fold with hyaluronic acid
Cheek augmentation with hyaluronic acid
Remove dark circles under the eyes with hyaluronic acid
Chin augmentation with hyaluronic acid
Lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid
Differences between hyaluronic acid and Botulinum Toxin video
People often confuse the two terms. This video explains very briefly the difference between botulinum toxin and hyaluronic acid. Both are used to remove wrinkles but they are not the same, one or the other should be used depending on the wrinkle to be treated and the area of the face.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate to contact us.
Sanza Clinic in Barcelona, quality of service