Eyelids, eye lift surgery
English subtitled video
The excess skin and eye bag surgeries performed in Clínica Sanza Barcelona are rejuvenating, however, the eye lift, changes the shape of the eyes, regardless of age, to fresher and exotic, ultimately, more slanted or almond shaped eyes.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, is a reference center in eye lift surgery.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
At Clínica Sanza we rely on the Sagrat Cor Hospital, part of the Quirónsalud group, to perform our surgical procedures.
Its prestige, facilities, medical and healthcare staff, as well as its technology are a guarantee.
People who wish to change the shape of their eyes: sad eyes, fallen look; round eyes; accidents, genetic malformations or other causes.
Video explaining eye lift surgery or canthopexy (English subtitled audio)
A technique called cantopexy is usually performed on the outer rim of the eye socket.
Slanting the eye consists in releasing the external ligament of the eyes, and suturing it to the desired position. It can be a few millimeters more horizontal (almond eye) or a few millimeters more upper horizontal (slanted eye).
A small incision is made on the outer edge of both eyes or, occasionally, on the temples, through inside the scalp, depending on the desired shape. In both cases the scar is not visible because the skin of the eye heals very well and the one from the scalp is hidden by the hair.
In many cases it can be accompanied by a blepharoplasty, eyebrows elevation, etc., to finish harmonizing the eyes, according to the patient’s request and the surgeon’s good judgment.
DURATION OF THE INTERVENTION
- From 1 to 2 hours.
- Evaluation of the area to determine if the surgery is suitable.
- Following the correct guidelines that are set by the doctor.
- General testing (cardiac and respiratory diagnostics).
- Local or sedation.
- 24h bandage on temples if required.
- Medication if required.
- Mandatory revisions after a few days, a few weeks and a few months, according to prescription.
- Quick recovery.
RESULTS / OUTCOME
- Rejuvenated and more sophisticated appearance.
- Improvement of the patient’s psychological profile and self-esteem.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
- Simple-medium intervention.
LEVEL OF RISK
- Low-average, according to the affected area and the extent of the intervention.
- Common risks of the intervention itself: eyes too closed or slanted , also called catlike eyes.
- Risks of all surgeries: hemorrhage, infection, impaired healing.
Whatever your case may be, do not hesitate in contacting us.
Clínica Sanza in Barcelona, Spain, quality service